It seems like only yesterday, but the spring shows have now all started and apparently we’re starting into the summer season of anime (Did I sleep through a month or two – how did it flash by so quickly?!) So, because I’m a lazy ass and I haven’t picked any shows for summer yet (seeing as it is winter in Australia) here’s the list of the shows I picked up from spring instead!
- Bus Gamer – Looked kinda cool, apparently about guys who streetfight to get themselves out of money troubles. Only three episodes long, so even if it does suck you don’t have to sit through 25 episodes before you realize. I’ve seen the first ep and it seemed pretty good though. Only moody bishounen’s need apply.
- Itazura na Kiss – I’ve read the manga, I’ve watched the j-drama, so naturally I need to watch the anime too. Basic storyline: Cute, not-so-smart girl likes the smartest guy in the school. She tries to confess her love, but he refuses to even read the letter. Through a series of mental events, the chick’s house collapses, and she and her dad end up living at the smart dude’s house with his family – hijinks ensue. I’m reminded of ‘Pride and Prejudice’ as cool, smart guy acts a lot like our Mr Darcy.
- Amatsuki – Just when I thought anime couldn’t get any weirder/cooler, along comes Amatsuki, with it’s crazy little demon dwarf riding around asking questions like ‘What is reality?’ and the like. But I digress – Two high school boys are touring a Heian era (in the past – not sure how many years, lol) village, when one of them disappears. The other runs around looking for his friend for about 10 minutes, then gets attacked by aforementioned demon dwarf and his evil larger monster counterpart. Dude wakes up, blinded in one eye to find he actually has gone back in time to the Heian era, where demons, samurai and ninja all abound. One hot bishie for you, one clueless but cute bishie for me.
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 – You’re going to think I’m a massive idiot, but I haven’t started watching it yet, because I want to rewatch the first season. It’s all good…
- Wagaya no Oinari-sama – Did somebody mention fox demons? Right here! The problem with this old fox is he/she is so old it can’t remember if it’s male or female. Doesn’t matter because male Kuu is gorgeous and female Kuu is cute as a button. Kuu becomes the protector demon for two boys being targetted by other demons, and in doing so becomes involved in their daily lives. Hijinks ensue, especially at school.
- Nabari no Ou – Oi! Fresh order of ninja’s, coming right up! That’s right, ninja’s. It’s a lot better than naruto though, hehehe. Storyline… ummm… something about a kid being born with a secret ninja art inside him that only he can use, lot’s of people fighting to protect him, a samurai chick, some guy that can injure people’s insides without injuring their outsides. I’m rather confused but highly interested.
- Special A – Waaaah! Takishima! Hikaru! Akira! Megumi! Jun! The others who’s names I can’t remember right now! They’re all in cartoon form! This is so cool! I’m using too many exclamation points! I don’t care! Special A! Too excited to write a proper summary! Watch it! It’s out now!
- Soul Eater – To become a proper weapon weilded by the great Shinigami-sama himself, all trainees must consume the souls of 99 evil humans and 1 witch. Sounds easy, right? Hmmm, not so much, seeing as Maka and Soul’s count drops from 99 to 0 after the first episode. Awesome show with human-turning-into-weapon style storyline, lot’s of funny stuff, slightly ecchi but not too much. Maka’s dad reminds me of Tamaki from ‘Host Club’…
- Vampire Knight – Waaaah! Zero! Yuki! Kaname! Aido! Ichijou! Ruka! Seiren! Assorted other’s who I love equally but can’t remember their names right now! They’re in cartoon form! They move around and talk! It’s like manga but sooooo much better! This is soooo cool! I’m using too many exclamation points! I don’t care! Vampire Knight! Too excited to write a proper summary! Watch it! It’s out now!
- Himitsu: The Revelation – This is another one where I got really excited, but I haven’t actually got around to watching it yet. I will though! Gomen, ne?
- Toshokan Sensou – I swear, if the stuff in this show ever actually happened, I’d be so screwed. The Media Enhancement Act has been brought in, meaning that all negative influences (books, magazines, manga etc) have been taken from stores for scrutiny by the Media Enhancement forces. Libraries have become protective havens for books, guarded by heavily armed military forces. Armed skirmishes happen between the two groups constantly. We follow one young woman’s journey as she joins the Library corps to follow in the footsteps of the man who saved her, and her favourite book, from being victimised years earlier. Also, Lt Doujou is a honey, hehehe🙂
- Nijuu Mensou no Musume – More easily referred to as ‘The Daughter of Twenty Faces’, even though she isn’t really his daughter. Twenty Faces is a phantom thief, breaking in and stealing precious objects, then escaping without leaving a trace (except for his calling card, of course!) Twenty Faces rescues the little girl who is being slowly poisoned by her guardians (for her massive inheritance) and introduces her into his dark and unruly life. Car chases, shootings, submarines, TDoTF has them all. *sighs* I wish Twenty Faces was MY ojisan…
Also still watching these ones from the winter season:
- Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Hakaba Kitaro
And these ones from autumn last year:
- Shion no Ou
- Strait Jacket
And this one from summer last year (good grief…):
AND the old reliable’s that never seem to end:
- D. Gray-Man
- Hellsing Ultimate
Shounen Onmyouji seems to have moved from stalled to dead with only 2 more episodes left needing to be subbed – waaaaah! It’s always like this with the shows I like!
Any-hoo, that’s all – have a nice day all🙂